[Zope] How do I mimic an HTTP post from a script

Marc Burgauer marc@sharedbase.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:51:45 +0000

Hi

I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but searching the
archive for a couple of hours, I could not find it. Yes, I'm new to python.

I am using Zope 2.4 on Solaris.

I need to send the input from a HTML form to a remote server as an HTTP
post, but I first need to validate the inputs  and convert them into an
XML-formatted string. I want to do this in a python script. (I'm fine doing
the XML formatting.)

The "remote" post is currently of a fire-and-forget nature, but in the
future might be changed to contain a response (success/failure=>post again).

Cheers

Marc

PS: I'd be glad for recommendations of any good in depth "teaching" books on
Python. I have the library references, but they are a bit brief for the
un-initiated.

(a convert from PHP, where I knew how to do this)