[Zope] Antivirus

J Cameron Cooper jcc@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:22:21 -0600

>>How can I do ?
>>

>grep? ;-) Something like that I saw over the freshmeat.net -- take a search
>there. AMAVIS?

I can't speak to anit-virus software for Linux, as I've never needed
any, but if you can find some or rip out the libraries of some you can
use the Python C API to make it available to Python programs like Zope.
Otherwise, you may need to go (gasp!) around to Windows vendors and find
one that offers a COM interface, and use the COM interface product to
let Zope get at it. But I can't offer any details as to that approach.
But I'm sure some of our Windowsy users can.

(Or better yet, find one that does it web-services like and use XML-RPC
or SOAP to get at it.)

          --jcc
    (ack! fenestration!)