[Zope] Zope Book Help

Bernard Golden bgolden@signate.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:00:22 -0800

I am working through this book and have run into 2 problems.

Problem 1: In chap 5 (zoo site), it calls for modifying the
standard_html_header to put in a dtml method called navigation.  I have done
so.  Navigation and the new standard_html_header work fine when called
directly, but when I use the View tab in the ZopeZoo folder the modified
standard_html_header does not get called.  I have placed this project in a
folder a couple of levels down from the root folder for organizational ease.
I thought I understood that a method located in the current container
(folder) would be found before the root level method and would therefore
override default behavior.

Problem 2:  I have added the index_html method and it generally seems to be
working, but does not replace the <dtml-var getId> with the proper
information -- nothing is printed.

Can anyone point me to how to correct these problems?

Bernard Golden