[Zope] Problem with if-modified-since / caching and ExtFile product

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:30:49 +0100

HenriciT@amann-online.de wrote at 2003-2-11 21:00 +0100:
 > The correct return code of the ZServer should be 304/not modified. Since all
 > our "normal" images (not inserted via ExtImg) are treated in this correct
 > way, we assume that this behaviour might be related to the ExtFile code. In
 > the "extfile.py" source, there's a section that would return a "304" return
 > code, so it seems that the product could handle things correctly. The sad
 > thing of cause is, that in our case it doesn't...
I would start debugging the code:

  * the easy way: activate Zope logging (--> "doc/LOGGING.txt")
    and add "zLOG.LOG" calls to document the decisions "ExtFile" makes

  * a bit more difficult: debug directly, either with a Python IDE
    (my colleagues use "WingIDE" and are quite happy)
    or with "pdb".

    HowTo on Zope.org.

Dieter