[Zope] Antivirus

Fraser Campbell fraser@wehave.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:14:28 -0500

On February 12, 2003 05:50 am, Nicolas Romero wrote:

> I would like to scan the documents uploaded by users onto my Zope/CMF
> servers. My servers run on Linux behind Apache and a Linux firewall.

We run sophos antivirus with amavis for scanning email.  The command line
sophos utility is called sweep.  So long as there's a way to trigger the scan
when files are uploaded it should be pretty trivial.  I'm not a zope expert
yet so exactly how you would handle the zope side of things I'm not sure.

There are many AV solutions that run on Linux besides Sophos; McAfee and RAV
are the two I can think of right away.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                     http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                        Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD