[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] PCGI?

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:15:13 -0800

> > just fell over if you looked at it funny.  That means virtual hosting
> > then requires either managing a battery of internal interface aliases,
> > or a map of ports on some internal interface, or throwing all your
> > eggs into one basket (zodb).
>
> ...and we don't do any of this, as far as I'm aware.

So how do you do it?  You've got to proxy those connections to
somewhere, and it isn't a unix domain socket unless you know something
about Apache I don't.  Point is, files are "easier" to manage than
network resources when it comes to ensuring uniqueness.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."