[Zope] What if I suddenly delete Data.fs ?

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:45:00 +0000

On Friday 14 February 2003 10:27 am, Garikoitz Araolaza wrote:

> Why? The data must be somewhere, what points me that maybe, there is still
> a chance to get the file back. (I haven't restarted the ZServer...)

This is the usual unix file delete behaviour. Any process that has the file
open can continue using it, and the disk space is only reclaimed when the
last process closes it. (appologies if you knew that).

One option that  might work (and I suggest you test it first!) is to pack the
storage. You might get an error when it fails to move the now deleted Data.fs
to Data.sf.old, but  think it should create a new Data.fs for you.

If that doesnt work, you could write an external method that duplicates your
filestorages file descriptor, and reads the content into a new file.

You dont say if you are using ZEO. that would maki it harder.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson