[Zope] Sizing a zope server

BZ bz@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:16:23 -0600 (CST)

I have a Data.fs now at 816.4 MB and it is doing fine. There are plenty of
ways to keep down the size of the DB most of which have already been
suggested....

- Let apache serve images
- Store big files on the file system (or through products that allow that)
- Pack your Data.fs frequently
- Make sure your system has lots of RAM (Zope stores things in memory)
- Use 2.6.1 which has better cache implementation
- Use an outside cache (squid, mod_proxy) to let Zope do what Zope does
best (not server up static, frequent files).

BZ