[Zope] Anyone using Leo?

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:11:27 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crosbie Fitch" <crosbie@cyberspaceengineers.org>
To: "Zope (E-mail)" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 6:40 PM
Subject: [Zope] Anyone using Leo?

| I'm thinking about using Leo for Python script editing (via
ExternalEditor)
| http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
|
| I'm just wondering if anyone else is using it or has used it, and whether
| it's 'a good idea'?
|
| Is Leo a good match for Zope, or is there some duplication and conflict
| between what they're both trying to do?

Leo is a good mixture of project manager and text editor for litterate
programming (mixing docs and code together), or building static web sites.
But IMHO it's not well suited to play with external editor : you'll need to
make some patches to the external editor client helper to map the various
sections of your DTML, ZPT (...) object to the corresponding headlines of a
leo file.
Anyway, I enjoy Leo for other non Zope stuffs (non Zope web, Latex docs,
...)

--Gilles