[Zope] Re: [Zope-mosx] Local FS files "not found"

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:31:53 -0500

I'm going with the theory that starting Zope as an OSX service caused the problem, since this product was previously working, and that's the only major change I've made recently.

Steve, do you have it running as an MOSX service on your machine? If so, do you mind telling me whether it runs under "nobody" or someone else? I was never able to get my OS to recognize the -u switch when starting up, so my Zope runs under "nobody."

Here are some steps I took:

* Double-checked that there were no spaces or other oddities in the basepath. There were none.

* Zope is running as an MOSX service as nobody, which is an unprivileged user. Tried giving "nobody" various privileges, but that made no difference.

* The local directories I'm trying to give access to are in a subdirectory of /library/webserver/documents/ Subdirectory is owned by myself:webteam. The subdirectory is shared with "webteam." "webteam" includes users who make changes to that portion of my site.

* I added nobody and root to the group "webteam" just to see what would happen but it didn't make a difference. Privileges were rwxrwxrw-

* Tried making the privileges rwxrwxrwx on the /library/webserver/documents/subdirectory but that didn't make a difference.

* Actually shut down and restarted Zope after each of these steps.

Argh. Any further clues, anyone?