[Zope] Versions problem in 2.6.1

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
17 Feb 2003 20:41:58 -0800

--=-noZy7REmQ3P3ZuHatGQ9

n Mon, 2003-02-17 at 18:17, Tom Emerson wrote:
> Wil Cooley writes:
> > FWIW, I just spent the last few hours fighting with the same thing.
> > Another thing I'm noticing is that even when I do save the version, the
> > changes aren't publicly accessible.
>=20
> That's no good.

No, not at all.  I'm afraid of the versioning right now.  I'd like
someone to tell me that working on a version through several upgrades
was a stupid thing to do or that I was doing something else stupid.  As
it is, I'm afraid to use Versions, which were really one of the nice
things about Zope.

> Interesting: the objects I'm working with now were imported into a
> clean 2.6.1 installation after being exported (in binary) from a 2.6.0
> installation. I have not tried versioning with an object created
> wholely in 2.6.1.

Did you import into the same path that you exported from?

> I would just like to be able to unlock the versions that are currently
> installed. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how ZODB works, nor
> do I have the cycles right now to dig into the source and figure it
> out.

I thrashed about a bit trying to get the lock to go away; I'm not
entirely sure how I did it, but I think exporting and imported were part
of it.  I think I was able to save/commit several times and make them go
away

Wil
--=20
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *

--=-noZy7REmQ3P3ZuHatGQ9

--=-noZy7REmQ3P3ZuHatGQ9--