[Zope] LocalFS error reading directories with permissions restrictions

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:04:29 +0100

  Hi all,

  I'm using LocalFS and it works fine except when a folder in the local
file system has permissions restricted. I think it only lets me see a
folder if everyone has access to it.

  I am using jcNTUserFolder and ImportNTGroups, so the users and roles
for Zope are the same as those for the NT domain. So I'd like to make
some changes in the LocalFS product source code so that it allows seeing
the files the logged in user can see.

  I think I have found a way to get this done (see 'impersonation' in
aspn.activestate.com), but I'd like to know WHERE do I have to make the
changes. I've been looking all through the LocalFS sources, but I
haven't found any lines that read a file from the hard disk. Can anyone
tell me where this is done? Is it in the File object of the Image.py
file?

  Thanks in advance,

				Igor Leturia