[Zope] Mailhost strangeness

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:27:28 +0100

--------------020201040902020209060303

Kevin Carlson wrote:

 > At seeming random times, a Mailhost object becomes corrupted and does
not allow the sending of mail.  I get an error that states "integer
expected" -- see full traceback below.

Enter the MailHost and press 'Change' to re-save the settings.
Or upgrade to 2.6.1. In fact, do both. :)

 > According to the source code it looks like the port number is
becoming corrupted.  To solve the problem, all I have to do is open the
Mailhost object and save it.  Strange.

Are you sure it gets to be a string again? That should only happen if
you upgrade from 2.5.x or import an 2.5.x exported mailhost.

For some reason, the port number was changed from an int to a string in
2.5.1, and this got reverted in 2.6.0 without anybody noticing.:) In
2.6.1 it should be an integer, but will not fail if it is a string.

--------------020201040902020209060303
 filename="Re: [Zope] Mailhost strangeness"

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:13:39 +0100
From: Lennart Regebro <lennart@regebro.nu>
To: Kevin Carlson <khcarlso@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Zope] Mailhost strangeness