[Zope] How to get Search engines to index dynamic pages?

Johan Carlsson [Easy Publisher Team] johanc@torped.se
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:13:55 +0000

At 11:46 2003-02-21 +0100, Joakim Nicander said:<br>
a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*<br>
We have several customer sites with dynamic pages created with data
from<br>
MySql.<br><br>
Many search engines doesn't index an URL with a query string
like:<br><br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">Http://www.somesite.com/category_page?category=3D2</a><b=
r><br>
will be indexed as:<br><br>
Is there a method with in Zope or a Zope product that can help me create
a<br>
site map with links like:<br><br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">Http://www.somesite.com/category_page/category/2</a><br>=
I know there is a tool for asp
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://xde.net/xq/tool.xqasp/qx/index.htm</a>.<br>
Something similar for Zope?<br><br>
I guess apache with mod_rewrite can help me but I rather do it within
You can make the SQL Methods traversable like:
SQLmethod/category/2<br><br>
&quot;&quot;&quot;In order to traverse to result objects with URLs, you
must be able to ensure that the SQL Method <br>
will return only one result object given one argument. For example,
create a new Z SQL Method <br>
named 'category_page' that accepts one argument, category, and has the
following SQL Template: &quot;&quot;&quot;<br><br>
<pre>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; select * from
category_table where
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;dtml-sqltest
category op=3Deq type=3Dint&gt;

</pre>The you need a presentation (DTML Method for instace) on the top of
it all to produce a presentation:<br><br>
You can also use traversal in combination with Plugable Brains defined in
the Extensions directory.<br><br>
<i>Pluggable Brains are classes that define objects with extended
functionality for the list of brains<br>
returned by the SQL Method.<br><br>
Brest Regards, <br>
Johan Carlsson<br><br>
</i><x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
-- <br>
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB<br>
Johan Carlsson<br>
johanc@easypublisher.com<br><br>
Mail:<br>
Birkagatan 9<br>
SE-113 36&nbsp; Stockholm<br>
Sweden<br><br>
Visit: <br>
V=E4stmannagatan 67, Stockholm, Sweden<br><br>
Phone +46-(0)8-32 31 23<br>
Fax +46-(0)8-32 31 83 <br>
Mobil +46-(0)70-558 25 24<br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.easypublisher.com<br>