[Zope] Apache / VHM ProxyPass issue - RESOLVED

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:38:47 -0800

I managed to figure this one out on my own, so please ignore my previous
message.

For the curious (and the benefit of posterity), what I did was:

1. Learned that ProxyRequests has nothing to do with enabling
ProxyPass.  My bad.
2. Changed Listen to 76 so I could test this while running Zope on 80.
3. Noticed that as soon as I did that, I got the same critical error 98...
but on port 76 this time.  Hmmm...
4. Eventually realized that the port error was an artifact of my reload
script... a red herring.
5. Once Apache was on 76 it was obvious the vhosts should be on port 76 as
well... and it worked!
6. I realized that Apache was only *listening* on port 80 before.  I was
actually running on port 70, meaning that since I didn't say any
differently, the vhosts were also on 70.  I needed to specify that the
vhosts were on 80.  Grrr...
7. Fixed one additional error: the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse
directives should have had trailing slashes.

And now it works like a charm.  At some point I'll add this to my
Zope-on-a-RaQ howto, as the port/listen issue seems like an uncommon
configuration on non-RaQ systems.

FWIW,

Dylan