[Zope] Page Content as a Form Variable

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:10:13 -0700

I'd like to make an interface to edit the content of documents. I'm
using special forms in propertysheets/methods.

Now, just sticking document_src within a textarea breaks occasionaly
dependant on the code within document_src.

The ZMI escapes the souce of the document with < etc.

#1) How exactly, in a DTML method in propertysheets/methods, can I get
this out of an object? Normally I'd just call the filename, right? But
when I'm in a method of its properysheet I can't really do that, I'm
already is some sort of object-local namespace. I'm using <dtml-var
document_src> to get the souce code.

#2) There must be a convenient way of converting all those &lt/&gt etc
back into "real code". What is it?

I'll pick apart the ZMI in the meantime, but I'm certain someone out
there has the answer in their brains already.