[Zope] XRON problem

Ria Marinussen marinus@cs.utwente.nl
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:20:43 +0100

Hi all,

I try to periodically gather information about pages from which the set
"expiration date" lies within the next week.
I wrote a Python script that gathers the information and writes it to the
server, and sends out a notifying e-mail with the link to the output on the
zope server.

The script works as I hoped it would.

However,
I'm trying to schedule it with XRON.
The script gets triggered, the file gets written, the mail gets send. But
The result is not what I had hoped.
The information that should be gathered is missing, only an almost empty
file gets created.

During testing I noticed that when using the  "View" tab of  the Xron Method
everything works OK, but when I use the "Trigger" tab to trigger the Xron
event I have no meaningfull output.

Zope version: (Zope 2.4.3 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python
2.1.2, sunos5)
Xron version: 0-0-10

Does anyone know what I can do to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Ria Marinussen
Webmaster INF
University of Twente