[Zope] Problem with Apache+Zope

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:41:33 -0800

First, you probably want to use ProxyPass instead of RewriteRule.

To prepare, put a Virtual Host Monster (VHM) in the root of your Zope install.

After that, go back to httpd.conf and use directives of the form:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80
# direct IP access for /manage and other special stuff
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
ServerName 1.2.3.4
ServerAlias 1.2.3.4
ProxyPass /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/1.2.3.4:80/VirtualHostRoot/
ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/1.2.3.4:80/VirtualHostRoot/
</VirtualHost>

# vhost access through www.spam.com
<VirtualHost www.spam.com:80>
ServerName www.spam.com
ServerAlias spam.com *.spam.com
ProxyPass /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.spam.com:80/sites/spam_com/VirtualHostRoot/
ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.spam.com:80/sites/spam_com/VirtualHostRoot/
</VirtualHost>

Above assumes your IP is 1.2.3.4, your domain is spam.com and that the root
folder for spam.com in your Zope is /sites/spam_com.

HTH,

Dylan