[Zope] Zope inserting base tag

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:19:37 +0100

MB> I have a problem creating valid HTML 4 with Zope. It seems that Zope inserts
MB> a <base> tag when calling an index_html document without specifying the
MB> file:

MB> <base href="http://127.0.0.1:8080/" />

It was changed a while ago (2.3 ?) to make it conform with XHTML 1.0
(which is essentially the same as HTML 4.01) , the *current*
reccomendation from W3c
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/

This info does of course not help you solve you problem, if you still
want to do HTML 4.0   ;)

if you really want to change it, either insert your base tags
yourself, and zope will leave you alone, or change HTTPResponse.py in
your zope installation. (it is in line 448 in my installation, but may
have changed...)

--
Geir Bækholt