[Zope] Newbie: dtml-tree

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:19:27 +0000

Thanks once again for the help and advice.

I don't think I've got the knowledge I'd need yet to use ZTUtils for the
tree - especially since all of the examples seem to be based around trees
showing folder structure, not SQL queries etc. I'll look at other options I
think.

Thanks once again for trying to help, though, and sorry for wasting your
time.

Kind regards

Ashley

From: Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de>
To: "Ashley Lloyd" <ashleylloyd@hotmail.com>
CC: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Newbie: dtml-tree
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:37:39 +0100

Ashley Lloyd wrote at 2003-2-25 11:25 +0000:
  > Where are these ZPT examples that you mention? In the Zope installation
or
  > on the Zope site? I've looked in both, and I haven't been able to find
any,
  > although I realise its probably me being blind!

Look at the "examples" folder in "Products/PageTemplates".

  > >From what I've read about ZTUtils, its all template-based. Does anyone
have
  > a solution thats DTML-based, or some good template-based examples?

"ZTUtils" contains functions that can be used in both ZPT
and DTML (via Python Script, as you cannot import things in DTML).

But there is a DTML extension: "TALES expressions in DTML".
Search the archive! I never used or read it myself.

Dieter