[Zope] Error message when changing password

Leslie A. Barnes leslie.barnes@amd.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:20:01 -0800

> Leslie A. Barnes wrote at 2003-2-27 07:56 -0800:
>  >  I'm getting the following error message when trying to change user password:
>  >
>  > Zope Error
>  > Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>  > Error Type: NameError
>  > Error Value: global name 'pw' is not defined
>  >
>  >  This is Zope 2.6.1
>  >
>  >  Any ideas?
>
> Seems to be a bug.
>
> When you want to fix it yourself, consult the "error_log" in
> your Zope root folder (in the management interface).
> It should give you the traceback for this problem.
> Its last line tells you where the error was detected.
>
> Look around this line in the sources to find out what should
> have been used instead of "pw".
>
> Otherwise, file a collector report (<http://collector.zope.org/Zope>)
> and wait until someone fixed the problem.
>

> Dieter

 Thanks!  In User.py,

    def _doChangeUser(self, name, password, roles, domains, **kw):
        user=self.data[name]
        if password is not None:
            if self.encrypt_passwords and not self._isPasswordEncrypted(pw):

  changed to

            if self.encrypt_passwords and not self._isPasswordEncrypted(password):

  and it seems to be happy.