[Zope] Inserting an object automagically on folder creation

Nicolas Évrard nicoe@altern.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:05:07 +0100

* Nicolas Évrard  [01:15 28/02/03 CET]:

>A) I'd like to create two way to represent data. In the first one the
>data is stored in in ZODB, in the second one the data is stored in a
>(possibly) remote database server.
>
>So I intend to do it this way :
>
>- Zpeople
>   `- ZpeopleItemContainer (inheriting from Folder)
>   `- ZpeopleItem (inheriting from SimpleItem)
>   `- ZpeopleSQL (any pointer on how I can do this)
>
>I'd like ZpeopleSQL and ZpeopleItemContainer to have the same contract
>(ie: a search method with different flavour of search).
>
>Last but not least, 'a' being a ZpeopleSQL instance and 'b' being a
>ZpeopleItemContainer instance. Is it possible through some clever use of
>acquisition to acces the same kind of internal information by the same
>kind of url ?
>
>Example:
>localhost/folder/a/p1/name -> name of people whose id is p1 (DB version)
>localhost/folder/b/p1/name -> name of people whose id is p1 (ZODB versio=
n)

Well maybe AdaptableStorage will do the trick ... Anyway, I'm printing
the code right now and it seems to me a really nice piece of code ...

Thanks to creator (even if I don't find what I'm looking for in this).

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard
/ )  Liège - Belgique