[Zope] weird sessionsing bug..

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:47:34 +0100

Geir B=E6kholt wrote at 2003-1-9 14:34 +0100:
 > I have set up our Zope at https://register.funcom.com to email me
 > whenever errors occur, and during the christmas holidays we got the
 > following strange reports :
 >=20
 > The billing Zope at register.funcom.com reports an error
 > The error is:=20
 > KeyError : 1040726440
 >   Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 599, in _getCurrentBucke=
 >   Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 688, in _housekeep
 >=20
 > KeyError: 1040726440
I have recently (2002-12-28) seen similar problems in our
Zope 2.5.1 installation.

"Transience" seems to get its "index" and "bucket" information
inconsistent. I expect this is caused by a buggy
application specific conflict resolution.

I thought that the problem were fixed in Zope 2.6.
But your report suggests, this is not the case.

I have a patch for 2.5.1 that is able to handle the inconsistencies
gracefully. Let me know when you are interested.

Dieter