[Zope] manager can, proxy role manager cannot

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:12:24 +0000

Hi;

I have a script which wants to create a new folder object in a
folder which is only viewable and accessible to manager role.

Something like this:

####
REQUEST = context.REQUEST

templateFolder = context.template.people
peopleFolder = context.teamA.people

personTemplate = getattr(templateFolder, 'person')
pT = peopleFolder.manage_clone(personTemplate, 'a', REQUEST)
####

When I access this script, even though I have set it to
proxy as manager, I get the login/password box.

If I go ahead and put in my username & password, it works.

Any hints?