[Zope] Custom Repository for Storing Objects

Sameer Maggon maggon@newgen.co.in
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:15:41 -0800

Hi..

Thanx for the reply, but are there any pointers for performing this
operation. Like how can I completely override the object creation in Zope
and create objects directly in my Repository. And  how would zope understand
it and dispkay in its view.

I think there are lot of products for customizing the user managemnet part
of Zope. So I think that part can be accomplished with some small work
(creating some abstractions).

Anticipating a Positive Response.
Sameer Maggon

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Dieter Maurer

Sameer Maggon wrote at 2003-1-9 18:11 -0800:
The easiest way to integrate with a Custom Repository
would be to go along the RDBMS integration.

This would mean, the objects were not created in Zope at all
but directly in the Custom Repository.
Zope would provide views on the Custom Repository similar to
Z SQL Methods (and the associated search interfaces) for relational
databases.

You would customize a User Folder.

There are (almost) hundreds of examples for such a task...

It is.

The interface would probably make the content of your
repository "URL-addressable" (see Z SQL Methods and especially
"direct traversal" in this context).
It would create proxy objects (maybe using acquisition)
to present/update/delete the objects in your repositiory.

Dieter