[Zope] Re: ExternalEditor, IE and https

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:00:41 -0500

I have successfully used IE5.5 and IE6 with external editor over https. T=
hat=20
was on Win 98. I recently upgraded to Win2k and I haven't tried it there.=
 Do=20
you have a publiclly accessible Zope instance (fronted with https) that I=
 can=20
test with?

As for hiding the EE icons, all you have to do is revoke the "Use externa=
l=20
editor" permission in the area you don't want it to show up.=20

I am also curious what "modest funding" means. Does it come with an expen=
se=20
account? ;^)

Seriously, I am happy to put some time into this on my end if you can pro=
vide=20
a Zope instance behind https that I can get to. I can certainly setup my =
own,=20
but this is a spare time project, and any spare time I can save is of gre=
at=20
value.

-Casey