[Zope] RE: Zope and MySQL on Windows

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:58:42 +0000

Deb B. wrote:
> Thanks for your response Chris. I would appreciate ANY assistance with
> the installation of these products. I've had them downloaded for quite a
> while but because I'm no programmer I couldn't figure out how to install
> them on Windows with express instructions...which the author didn't
> provide. Do you or anyone else have instructions for installing on
> Windows which is geared toward the non-programmer? I can figure most
> things out myself, but this one eluded me....

It's really not that hard.

IIRC,

Install Python 2.1
Have a look in
Use the MySQL-python windows installer.
This will want to install into the Python 2.1 you just installed, that's the
only reason you installed it ;-)
Copy anything that has mysql in it's name from C:\Python21\lib (or whether you
put Python21+'\lib') to lib\python of you Zope install. For me, thsi was:
_mysql.pyd
_mysql_exceptions.py
MySQLdb (a folder)
Now unpack ZMySQLDA.tgz into your Zope Products folder.
Restart Zope.

All done.

Chris