[Zope] manager can, proxy role manager cannot

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:30:03 +0100

Lee Harr wrote at 2003-1-10 02:12 +0000:
 > I have a script which wants to create a new folder object in a
 > folder which is only viewable and accessible to manager role.
 >
 > Something like this:
 >
 > ####
 > REQUEST = context.REQUEST
 >
 > templateFolder = context.template.people
 > peopleFolder = context.teamA.people
 >
 > personTemplate = getattr(templateFolder, 'person')
 > pT = peopleFolder.manage_clone(personTemplate, 'a', REQUEST)
 > ####
 >

 > When I access this script, even though I have set it to
 > proxy as manager, I get the login/password box.
 >
 > If I go ahead and put in my username & password, it works.
An old bug (already in the collector): and several times discussed
in the mailing list (--> archives).

   "CopyContainer._verifyObjectPaste" makes its checks without
   taking the execution context (i.e. Proxy Roles and Ovnership)
   into account.

Your only chance it to fix the bug. Not even External Methods
will help you (unless you copy part of the copying code
and do something well instead of "_verifyObjectPaste").

Dieter