[Zope] Re: [Zope-DB] ZPT, ZSQL & Proxy-Roles

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:03:32 +0100

Please stay on the list!

Charlie Clark wrote at 2003-1-10 22:11 +0100:
 > Frohes Neues erstmal!
Same for you!

 > I did but it didn't seem to work properly then either. Things are a bit
 > complicated by the fact that I'm using XUF to protect the folder where
 > users set up the roles but actually want to centralise my SQL and admin
 > (incl. Xron) stuff.
When the centralized SQL is not inside the folder, you will need
proxy roles, as the users are "Anonymous" outside the folder
the "acl_users" of which defines the users.

 > To do it the way you suggest will mean creating a whole bunch of scripts,
 > as the pages involved have several SQL calls
No, a single script can do with *any* SQL method.

  Give it the same signature as Z SQL Methods (beside an
  additional parameter which defines the Z SQL Method) and call
  the Z SQL Method with "apply".

Dieter