[Zope] Problems with anonymous access to MetaPublisher 1.2.8

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:55:41 +0100

Elliot Clifton wrote at 2003-1-13 01:14 +0000:
 > I'm running Zope 2.5.1 on Linux, and I'm having trouble with the
 > MetaPublisher 1.2.8 product.  When I try to access meta publisher
 > objects anonymously through the web, I get the following error message:
 >
 > Error Type: Unauthorised
 > Error Value: You are not allowed to access entryIds in this context.
 >
 > I was following the product's tutorial when the error first occurred.
 > What is the point in a publishing product that prevents the site
 > visitors from seeing the published content? If this is a bug, then it's
 > probably a fundamental flaw.
 >
 > So, what am I doing wrong?
Apparently, the implementers of some product decided that
"entryIds" should be protected by a permission
and "Anonymous" does not have it.

You must give "Anonymous" the necessary permission or
use a proxy role. Read the 2.6 edition of the Zope Book (--> Zope.org),
for details.

Dieter