[Zope] Searching a Catalog in Zope 2.6.1b1

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:10:54 +0000

At 12:08 2003-01-14 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>Peter Bengtsson wrote:
>>>What kind of index is 'email'?
>>It's TextIndex.
>>(Should I maybe use the new ZCTextIndex now?)
>
>If you want, it doesn't maek a differnce.

Ok. Cheers.

>>zcatalog = self.getCatalog()
>>pluginindexes = zcatalog.Indexes.manage_addProduct['PluginIndexes']
>>pluginindexes.manage_addTextIndex('email')
>
>This code doesn't look that great. Are you sure sure 'email' is being created?
>
>Why not just use this code?
>
>self.getCatalog().addIndex('email','TextIndex')

Doesn't matter, but I'll apply this code instead since it looks better.

The TextIndex is surely created and is populated with content as objects
get cataloged.
The code hasn't changed since I installed Zope2.6.1b1 and it was working
before.

It's quite obviously either one of these:

  - Bug in Zope2.6.1b1
or
  - Bug in Zope2.6.1b1 ZCatalog's backward compatability (could be
intentional by the zcorp people)

Thank you again for thinking about this. Very valuable support.

Peter