[Zope] Re: PIL error: decoder jpeg not available

Michael Geddert mgeddert@onlinehome.de
14 Jan 2003 20:03:22 +0100

Hi,

Am Die, 2003-01-14 um 19.33 schrieb Dave Lehman:
> A little more information...
>
>   cd "libImaging"
>   ./configure --with-zlib=/usr/lib --with-jpeg=/usr/local/lib
>
> I checked "ImConfig.h" and the two #define statements for libjpeg and libz
> are uncommented, so configure properly recognized the options.
>
> However, when I run "make", i'm getting an error on the "jpegdecode" line:
>
>   gcc -O -I./. -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c -o JpegDecode.o
> JpegDecode.c
>   In file included from JpegDecode.c:37:
>   Jpeg.h:11:21: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
>   make: *** [JpegDecode.o] Error 1

Your Header-Files seem to be missing. These should be somewhere under
/usr/include on RedHat (if I remember this correctly).

There oughta be a "libjpeg-devel.rpm" on your RedHat CDs, find and
install it. That should solve your problem.
Otherwise you'd have to compile & install libjpeg by hand ....

Cheers,

Michael