[Zope] XUL 'n' ZOPE

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:18:38 -0500

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 19:20, Jim Washington wrote:
> You may use properly-namespaced html tags inside XUL; html forms will
> work just as in regular html.

You really do not want to do that, since you are defeating the purpose of XUL
this way.

> Or, if you want to stay with strictly XUL, event->javascript->xml-rpc.

Well, it is not quiet that straight forward, but similar. I just got adding
objects working in combination with Zope 3, so as Sidnei pointed out, there
should be some good starting points in Packages/Moztop.

>  SOAP would presumably work similarly as xml-rpc, but that seems to be
> an advanced topic at the moment on the Zope side.

SOAP is overkill.

> http://www.vcdn.org/Public/XMLRPC/ has a pretty-good javascript
> implementation of xml-rpc to get you started.  There have been a couple
> of posts on this list recently about it that you should look-up if you
> plan to use it.

Why would you want to use it? Mozilla has its own nsXmlRpcClient.js
implementation based on Martijn Pieters original work! It seems broken in
1.2.1, but I got it to work with the nightly build. You can get the patched
version from the Packages/Moztop repository. I checked it in a couple minutes
ago.

Regards,
Stephan
--