[Zope] undo machinery mysteries

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:21:01 +0000

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 1:22 pm, Jeff Sacksteder wrote:
> >1. python classes - all instances of that class would be treated
> > specially.
>
> This would be best for me. I want to build an ISO9000 document manageme=
nt
> system,=20

Yes, my needs are similar. Ive discussed this capabaility with Jim Fulton=
=20
before, and he argues that this type of history should be retained at=20
application level, not in the ZODB. I think this capability will be usefu=
l=20
for proving that there hasnt been a change, in cases where changes are=20
exceptional. If you are wanting to track many changes then Jims approach =
is=20
better.

> and still maintain undo and revision history?

Do you really mean undo?

Supporting a longer-than-normal history for undo means retaining extra=20
revisions of other objects that happen to be modified in the same=20
transaction. I dont think you or I need that. Right?

--=20
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson