[Zope] Is Zope the Tool for This Job?

nitin@borwankar.com nitin@borwankar.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:43:17 -0800

I have built a similar app ( secure intranet + extranet ) with Zope and
MySQL, but your hit rates are likely to be much higher than what I see.
So Sybase or Oracle may be a better choice for you - if that is
prohibitive from a cost viewpoint try Postgres or MySQL with one of the
transactional storages(innoDB ...) although I have not used either and
have no real world data on transactional storages in MySQL.

Zope will definitely make the app development part of the job much
faster and simpler. - not sure about the "ability to support multiple
languages" part - I do know that more recent versions of Python have
been Unicode aware.

Nitin Borwankar

--
Statistics show that most people are in the majority, while fewer are in the minority

Nitin Borwankar
nitin@borwankar.com