[Zope] News about zope magazine

ZopeMag mark@zopemag.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:41:00 +0000

Wow.

I only read the Zope Mailinglist as an archive and was surprised to find this
type of an email. Defemation has no place on any public mailinglist.

For obvious reasons I will not even try to go into the slander, and
misinformation, FUD, etc posted by Hans Augustin about me and that chosen to
use such a open forum to get rid of some of his issues with me.

I don’t even know where to start debunking what Hans wrote. If you have any
questions or issues with anything beyond what I answered in this email – please
contact me personally and then this list can continue to be about Zope.

Here are some facts:

ZopeMag is in relaunch. And will publish regularly again in February.

All previous ZopeMag subscribers continue to have access to ZopeMag and
as we have posted -- will have their subscriptions extended throughout
2003 as anybody can read on the ZopeMag site.

We have a new staff including a new editor. But many people who have
contributed before / are writing articles / have turned in articles for
the next issue.

I take issue with his comments regarding the quality of articles for obvious
reasons,
Nico Grubert, Kristoph Kirchner, and Michel Pelletier (for example) wrote very
well received articles.

For our existing subscribers we have published several new articles in
November, December and will publish more in January.

Its clearly stated that we are not taking any new subscribers (therefore not
charging anybody any money) and will not take any further subscribers until
February.

This has everything to do with:

1.) making good by our existing subscribers
2.) proper planning for regular publication

If your in doubt regarding my sincerety, or those of the people I work with at
ZopeMag - watch our progress. Actions speak louder than words.

If your one of the many writers who has turned in an article submission and it
*has been approved* by either myself or Peter Germain, but are now hesitant to
continue writing because of FUD, please contact me for an advance.

If you have any questions about ZopeMag or beehive please feel free to contact
me as well.

Thanks,

Mark (correct spelling is -->) Pratt

--
ZopeMag - the only magazine devoted to Zope!