[Zope] Dynamically generating fielsd in a form

D2 borelan@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:39:27 -0400

>  > 4) Storing the generated objects
>  >
>  > The form template will be called from various place on the site so how
>  > do i indicate the exact place to store the generated objects ?

	> You use the form action like a method of the target object.
	> If it is a Python Script (this is a good suggestion), then
	> "context" is the target object. You can create the object
	> at any place you can reach via "context".

	> Dieter

Well, if i well understood :

First case : I know the URL of the place to store (ObjectManager ?)
then the URL will be http://...../ObjectManager/FormTemplate
And inside my form i will use 'context' wich will be the ObjectManager.

Second case : I don't know the URL of the ObjectManager. So whatever the
way it is found, it must be in the REQUEST object.
I pass the REQUEST to a Python script and then this script will generate
a RESPONSE, redirected to the same URL as mentionned in the first case.

My form will be generalized and populated by the URL or the REQUEST.

Does it make sense ?