[Zope] Zope reference documentation?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
17 Jan 2003 12:09:10 -0500

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 09:47, Milos Prudek wrote:
>  > Have you noticed that for the 2.6 edition of the Zope Book at
>  > http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition, we've
>  > addressed and edited out all of the comments in every chapter so far
>  > except for three "main" chapters and the API ref?  Many people have
>

> I have not. Great job!

Thanks! ;-)

> I'm not, but I'm perfectly ready and willing to do this as a full time
> or part time paid job remotely from Czech republic and my salary would
> be quite reasonable given lower expenses in CZ. Mail me directly if you
> want to see examples of my work.

I've looked at your kicker docs and they seem quite nice.  I will ask ZC
mgmt about it, but the answer will almost certainly be "we aren't paying
anything right now to maintain Zope docs," as it has been for the last
year or so.  I can't say I completely agree with that decision, but I
can't begrudge the sentiment considering the state of the economy, and I
certainly don't think they are obligated to maintain *any* docs.

There are also a tremendous number of community contributors to the Zope
Book 2.6 edition who have come up with some pretty incredible things.
See the preface for their names and what they've done. All in all, I
think the book is coming along quite nicely without funding or a
full-time editor, although it's probably not sustainable in the long
term to not have someone who gets paid be responsible for docs.  Or
maybe it is.  Who knows?

--
Chris McDonough <chrism@zope.com>
Zope Corporation