[Zope] Re: Absolute url refs don't work with Apache ProxyPass

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:17:28 +0100

Reordered to make sense...

 > Evan Simpson wrote:
 >
 >> Asad Quraishi wrote:
 >>
 >>> ProxyRequests On
 >>
 >> I don't think you need this in order to use ProxyPass

Worse, Asad, you have probably opened your server as an
pseudo-anonymizer for every internet scumbag in the world.
Set ProxyRequests to off (or delete that line) unless you really know
what you are doing there.

Asad Quraishi wrote:
> Thanks.  I tried it and it works using rewrite rules with one problem.
>  Now Zope is sitting at my.domain.com/.  This poses a problem since I
> need apache to serve html on other locations like my.domain.com/html.
>  When I try this it hits the Zserver (port 8080) instead of the apache
> 'htdocs' directory.

There's the modifier [L], IIRC, for RewriteRule, which tells apache to
stop rewriting at the point. So, just insert something like

RewriteRule ^/html/ -      [L]

which tells apache to do nothing (and stop rewriting) if this rule matches.

Please refer to the apache mod_rewrite docs for more info about tht.

HTH,
oliver