[Zope] Re: Absolute url refs don't work with Apache ProxyPass

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:13:00 +0100

Asad Quraishi wrote:
> I can understand why you'd think that.  You probably missed my first
> posting where I detailed a portion of the httpd.conf file:
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
> ProxyRequests On
>
> <Proxy :*>
>   Order deny,allow
>   Deny from all
>   Allow from my.domain.com
> </Proxy>
>
> </IfModule>
>
> Better?

;) Sorry, I saw that, but at the same time I was studying log files of a
testing server which is exposed to the net on port 8080 and saw that we
nearly got 50 hits from people testing for open proxies, per day, out of
nowhere. So that "ProxyRequests On" triggered some urge to react fast.
Seriously, I don't think you need any of that stuff you quoted above,
because as Evan said, rewriting with the [P] modifier will still work
and probably be faster (no lookups/testing for my.domain.com).

I hope at least the other stuff I wrote was helpful.

cheers,
oliver