[Zope] Error handling in zope/ ext method calling a sproc to insert data into sql db?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:42:22 +0100

Alisa K wrote at 2003-1-17 16:00 -0800:
 > The sql stored procedure ("sproc") I am using to
 > insert data apparently sends a return code (a
 > numerical code)
When you call the stored procedure via a Z SQL Method,
the return code is lost.

Some DAs (Database Adapter) provide a special method to
call stored procedures. They may give back the return code.
However, I do not have much experience with this.

You may wrap the call to your stored procedure in a "select"
and then get the return code back:

    select <call_to_your_stored_procedure> as RETVAL

When you call this in a Z SQL Method, the result will
behave like a sequence with one element. The "RETVAL"
attribute of this element is the return code of your
stored procedure.

Dieter