[Zope] METAL and DOCTYPE

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:20:14 +0100

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2003-1-19 12:29 +0000:
 > When I use validator.w3c.org on my page it complains that no DOCTYPE is set.
 >
 > But the PageTemplate (metal master) looks like this::
 >
 >   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
 >        tal:define="dummy
 > python:request.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html;;
 > charset=iso-8859-1');dummy here/StopCache">
 >    <head>
 >
 > Why does it not recognize my DOCTYPE?
I expect the validator complains for a page that has been built
using the macro, right?

  In this case, you use from your template only the defined
  macro and this does not contain the doctype declaration.

  There has been a ZPT feature request to declare the complete
  template as a macro, including the doctype declaration.
  However, I fear, it has never been implemented.

Dieter