[Zope] METAL and DOCTYPE

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:11:01 -0600

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:20:14PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>   In this case, you use from your template only the defined
>   macro and this does not contain the doctype declaration.
>
>   There has been a ZPT feature request to declare the complete
>   template as a macro, including the doctype declaration.
>   However, I fear, it has never been implemented.

Just to expand on this a bit, the upshot is that each ZPT instance
needs to provide its own explicit DOCTYPE declaration since there is
no way (currently) to include a DOCTYPE via macros.

At least, that's my experience and my interpretation of what Dieter
said.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370