[Zope] FTP Access via Dreamweaver Can't Create Folders - Some Blame Zopes?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:05:16 +0000

Edward Pollard wrote:

> If I go to the root of Zope, and add "FTP Access" as a right to
> "Authorized", the problem disappears, but not accounts can run
> willy-nilly via FTP all over Zope. This is, of course, useless.

That said, I believe read-access from the root of the server you're connecting
to is kinda fundamental to FTP, am I right?

> In our Apache web environments, users have read access to the entire
> tree above their folder - so Dreamweaver works fine. There does not, to
> my mind at least, seem to be any way to grant FTP Read Only access in
> Zope.

Yeah, just grant 'Access Contents Information'. If that doesn't work, try adding
'FTP Access', that shouldnt' give any 'write' permissions, but let us know if it
does!

cheers,

Chris