[Zope] Re: Large File Support (LFS) in Zope

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:25:45 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Josef Meile wrote:

> --- In zope@yahoogroups.com, sean.upton@u... wrote:
>  > One option, if you are using Linux and able to use ReiserFS is to
> consider
>  > switching to DirectoryStorage instead of using FileStorage.  This
> should be
>  > fairly scalable, but is likely a Linux-only solution for now.
> I've already read about it and I think I won't use it because they say:
> "WARNING: do not use reiser4 for production system, do not keep any
> important data on reiser4. It is experimental yet."

Umm reiserfs4 is not released yet. It is expected to be out June 30 so it
is still in devel. Of course you should not use it yet. The current
version of reiserfs is 3 and I have that on all of my systems and it works
very nicely.