[Zope] Batches in ZPT: not stateful, yet...

Tom Emerson tree@basistech.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:35:23 -0500

Greetings,

I have a question about batches in ZPT (and in <dtml-in>, for that
matter.) Given the stateless nature of HTTP, how is the batch itself
persisted across calls to display a portion of the batch? For example,
if I get a database search returning several hundred (or thousand)
rows, of which I display 50 at a time, I (or Batch) presumably needs
to cache those values somewhere: or is it assumed that the sequence
will be regenerated within the bounds set?

TIA,

    tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com