[Zope] DTML rendering from python?

Michiel Toneman michiel@ylnd.com
22 Jan 2003 16:38:32 +0100

Hi all,

I'm hoping a Zope guru on the list can help me with this one. I'm
writing a python product that does some fancy processing of HTML. The
problem is that the DTML tag I add to the output of getHTML doesn't get
rendered in my DTML Document when I call the object. I'm probably
overlooking the obvious, but I'm totally stuck :-S

The code is like:

    def getHTML(self):
        "Returns HTML for page"
        html = self._htmltxt
        # do lots of stuff to html here, but just to keep it simple:
        html += "<p><dtml-var id></p>"
        return html

    def index_html (self, REQUEST, RESPONSE, preview=0, original=0):
        """
        The default view of the contents of an Article Page.

        """
        return self.view_normal()

    view_normal=DTMLFile('dtml/viewArticlePage', globals())

viewArticlePage.dtml does a <dtml-var getHTML> to publish the object.

Thanks,

Michiel Toneman