[Zope] Re: Referencing objects not in same folder

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:48:32 +0100

Andy Bramah wrote:
> I have made a python script that returns a list of
> strings for a selection box. I go to the 'Properties'
> tab of the folder containing the script and add a
> name, value and type of 'Selection'. The selection box
> works OK.
>
> But what Value do I use when accessing it from a
> different folder? eg:
>
> root --- A -- script
>       -- B -- (want to access script from here)
>
> Tried container/A/script and ../A/script, but keep on
> getting 'No request variable' error.
>
> Any ideas?

You can't do that. The value of a select-variable MUST be an ID of a
script which returns a list. You have to use acquisition to solve your
problem:

root ---
            script

            -- A --

            -- B -- (want to access script from here)

-mj