[Zope] all work lost?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:00:17 +0100

Gerhard Venter wrote at 2003-1-22 18:52 +0200:
 > We have a designer who has been trying to make our
 > Zope/Plone test site look unique. She has done something
 > that caused some of the Plone icons go missing.  I could
 > not fathom how to get it back, so I installed the Bubble
 > Blue icon set from the Plone website, thinking it may
 > replace any missing icons.  The instructions said restart
 > Zope, which I did.  After the restart Zope reverted to how
 > it was directly after it was installed (SuSE 8.1 RPM).
 >  Even the superuser password was back to the default, and
 > all our work is missing.  Or can it be retrieved?
I expect, you Zope is now locking at a different place than before
(maybe because an "INSTANCE_HOME" variable is set differently).

Check where Zope finds its "Data.fs".
To do that, go to "Control_Panel" and note the "CLIENT_HOME"
value. The "Data.fs" is the file "Data.fs" in this
directory.
Check whether this is the correct place.
If it is, check whether you have backups for it.
If it is not, then your right "Data.fs" must be elsewhere.
Define "INSTANCE_HOME", such that Zope finds it.

Dieter