[Zope] migrate zclass to disk product

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:58:03 +0000

Hi;

Anyone have any pointers for migrating a product from zclass
to disk-based?

I did some googling (with no success), and I am ready to do some
experimentation, but I think I would rather hear/read from someone
who has tried this before I start hacking things up.

My best thought so far is just to hide the ZClass (Make
its "Add list name" a blank string) then create a new disk
product which takes over the "Add list name".

Does that sound like the best plan?
Is this going to cause confusion?
What about meta_type conflict?
Is it possible for a new product to take over and actually be
the class for those already created instances?